Updated September 5, 2019
You will need 3 windows to be as efficient as possible
- Directions on how to make new post (this page)
- List of articles in pdf
- List of articles already in WordPress
- “New Post” creation window
Window 1: You are already logged into WordPress as Administrator MCMD-RW
Window 2: open up articles directory by opening the \ddc\all_years\articles
Window 3: Articles A-Z
Window 4: New Post–see below
The next series of steps will be repeated for each article
- Open an existing article post by clicking here
- Press the “Edit Post” button in the top blue bar (will turn black in edit mode)
- Halfway down the page, under the “Themify Custom Panel” make sure the “themify builder” tab is selected :
- Click on the duplicate icon to make a copy of the post with all of its settings
4.a. If it asks to save before duplicating, say “OK”.
- When it’ is finished copying, you will see the screen refresh and the title will have the word “copy” at the end
- Rename the title of the post, to match the gramatically correct title of the article
- Copy name of the new title, and paste it into the “Permalink” below the title, click OK (WordPress will re-format into all smalls and dashes).
- Go back to the “Themify Custom Panel” and chose the “post options” tab
- Towards the bottom, you will see the “Lightbox Link” field filled in with the name of the copied article. Change only the article name within that field.
- Click the “add media tab” under the permalink.
- Drag the PDF from the local directory into the “Add Media” window, it will change color to let you know it is ready to move the file.
- When the “insert to post” button turns blue, it is done moving. We DO NOT want to insert into post, so hit the “x” in the upper right corner
- Choose proper categories for article title (z-indexes (column), and z-indexes-a-z (first letter)
- Click on Update on the right to save your work.
- Go back to Subscriber Home page, F5 to refresh, make sure both the PDF is looking right
Open up the first post for the letter which will give you a list
create a new post by clicking in the black/blue bar at the top New> Post
type name of condition in title field
Under categories- you will chose 2 at the bottom of the category list
- “z-indexes” hit plus sign to open option
- chose “conditions a-z”
- chose “conditions a-z”
- “z-indexes-a-z “hittheplussign
- chose proper letter
At top right of screen hit publish
In the conditions list window, chose “conditions A-Z” , then press f5 to update, and check that new post populated correctly.
To copy a post:
Scroll down to “Themify Builder” tab ( far right tab)
Chose “copy” button,
- press “ok” when popup box comes up wait for page to refresh
- Scroll back to top to see if title has been copied (the word copy should have been added to previous title )
Edit the title with the new title
copy the title and paste into the “slug” or permalink button.
Hit ok to update slug
Make sure to change the letter of the category if needed
Press the update button on top right