Updated August 23, 2022
As a part of our Holistic Program, Dr. Cheikin uses various herbal remedies to help with your healing. He will support your use of Medical Marijuana (MM) as a part of your healing protocol. He does NOT see patients exclusively to provide a MM card. If you are a current patient, Dr. Cheikin can certify the need for medical marijuana with the Pennsylvania Department of Health. You will need a doctors note confirming that you have one or more of the 23 eligible diagnoses listed to the right. If you are receiving treatment from Dr. Cheikin for an eligible condition, he can provide both the doctor’s note and certification.
Fees (Current Patients Only)
Initial certification (in-person Zoom evaluation): $175
Follow-up certification within 15 months: $150
Discount available for seniors and those with hardship.
Insurance does not cover this fee.
Requirements for Medical Marijuana Card
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a legal resident of Pennsylvania and provide proof of residency.
- Must register with the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Must be diagnosed with one of the 23 qualifying conditions (to the right) by a licensed practitioner.
- Must receive certification from an approved practitioner after an in-person examination.
- Go to the Patient and Caregiver Registry and fill out your information to create a patient profile.
- Obtain a note from a licensed practitioner that you suffer from one of the 23 qualifying medical conditions.
- Have an in-person (or Zoom) evaluation by Dr. Cheikin who then can provide Certification to the Pennsylvania Department of Health if you meet the criteria for the Medical Marijuana Card.
- Return to the Patient and Caregiver Registry and pay a $50 fee to obtain a medical marijuana card.
- The card will take approximately 30 days to be issued and received.
- Visit a Dispensary (see below) with your new ID card!
How Best to Take Medical Marijuana
This article suggests that extracted products can contain solvents and the plants can contain pesticides and organisms. The best ways to use marijuana are vaping, CO2 extraction and filtered-water pipe.
Local Dispensaries (new tab will open)
The Apothecarium Dispensary 420 Plymouth Road Plymouth MeetingPA 19462 484-531-4420
AYR Wellness **
Liberty – Norristown 2030 West Main Street Norristown PA 19403 484-612-4520
King of Prussia
Harvest of King of Prussia 826 W Dekalb Pike King of Prussia PA 19406 445-777-6106
Keystone Shops – King of Prussia 367 S Henderson King of Prussia PA 19406 484-581-7189 https://keystoneshops.com
RISE – King of Prussia 445 West DeKalb Pike King of Prussia PA 19706 610-596-9266
Ethos Pennsylvania – Montgomeryville 921 Bethlehem Pike MontgomeryvillePA 18936 267-857-7295
Keystone Shops – Devon 420 West Lancaster Ave Devon PA 19333 484-581-7189
TerraVida Holistic Centers – Abington 1626 Old York Road Abington PA 19001 215-366-5008 https://www.terravidahc.com
Restore Integrative Wellness Center, LLC 8003 Old York Road Elkins Park PA 19027 215-709-2360 https://restoreiwc.com
Beyond Hello – Ardmore 39 Cricket Ave Ardmore PA 19003 610-471-1099
** new browser tab will open
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Anxiety disorders
- Cancer, including remission therapy
- Crohn’s disease
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the central nervous system (brain-spinal cord) with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, and other associated neuropathies•
- Dyskinetic and spastic movement disorders
- Huntington’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Intractable seizures
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Opioid use disorder for which conventional therapeutic interventions are contraindicated or ineffective, or for which adjunctive therapy is indicated in combination with primary therapeutic interventions
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain
- Sickle cell anemia
- Terminal illness
- Tourette syndrome