Updated August 13, 2022
I developed this Enhanced Oil Pull (EOP) to contain the unstable conditions in my own mouth. Oil pulling is an ancient ayurvedic (Indian) technique. What is actually “pulls” is not clear, but there are many fat-based substances in the mouth that are potentially inflammatory.
While the internet often suggests using coconut oil, the traditional oil is sesame. For me, the coconut oil did not help but the sesame oil did almost immediately. Sesame oil is used in conventional medicine due to its ability to contain oily substances such as progesterone. The enhanced oil pull formula has additional ingredients for improved anti-microbial and healing benefits. It is possible that olive oil will work better for some situations, and can be tried with or without the sesame oils.
It is best used in conjunction with the mouthwash, tongue scraping and brushing with baking soda. Since the upper teeth often enter the maxillary sinuses, using a sniffer can be an essential part of healing the skull.
Directions for Oil Pulling (with raw organic sesame oil)
4 oz bottle has 12 doses = 3x/wk x 4 wks.
- Pour 2 tsp of Enhanced Oil into cup.
- Swish for 20 minutes total to allow “contact” with circulation.
First 10-15 minutes, swish through teeth, etc
Last 5-10 minutes, chew a bit to move teeth/ligaments
- Can be done in shower but do NOT spit down drain.
- Discard in trash or baggie, NOT sink or toilet.
- Start at three times/week, can increase to daily or twice a day if needed.
Oil Pull Enhancer Ingredients: Raw organic sesame and olive oils, the essential oils of cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, frankincense, ginger, peppermint, rosemary, tea tree & wintergreen blended with borax, iodine, niacin, niacinamide, salt, vitamins C & E and xylitol.
OPE Concentrate Mixing Directions: The kit comes with two bottles of Concentrate, A (oil phase) and B (water phase) and a syringe with mixing needle. It makes six 4 oz bottles of EOP. In addition to the kit you will need 1) a clean 4 oz glass bottle and 2) raw organic sesame oil, found in the cooking aisles of most health-oriented food stores.
- Fill a clean 4 oz glass bottle with raw organic sesame oil, leaving room at top for 4 ml (a little less than a teaspoon) of the Enhancer.
- Fill syringe with air to 0.5 ml.
- Draw 1.5 ml Concentrate A (syringe to 2.0).
- Add to 4 oz raw organic sesame oil.
- Shake to integrate.
- Fill syringe with air to 0.5 ml
- Draw 2.5 ml Concentrate B (syringe to 3.0).
- Add to sesame oil mixture.
- Shake vigorously to integrate.
- Clean syringe by drawing and pushing out soapy water.
- Store concentrates in cool dark place or refrigerator.
- Use within 6-7 months.